Winnipeg police have tracked down the second teenager wanted in connection to the murder of Danielle Ballantyne on Monday as well as the death of a 54-year-old in a series of random attacks in Point Douglas.
On Sunday, police say they arrested the 15-year-old boy wanted in connection to two murders that happened on Monday. Winnipeg police were allowed to reveal the identity of the wanted teen through a court order and requested the media to no longer publish identifiers of the boy.
During a news conference on Friday, Winnipeg Police spokesperson Const. Dani McKinnon said one of the victims of an assault in the 600 block of Main Street early Monday succumbed to their injuries and died in hospital. Police identified the victim as 54-year-old Marvin William Felix of Winnipeg.
On Thursday, a 15-year-old boy was charged with second-degree murder during a violent spree in Winnipeg’s Point Douglas neigbhourhood earlier this week.
The first attack happened around 4:30 a.m., on Monday, and police located a seriously injured man in a parking lot in the 800 block of Main Street. The victim was taken to hospital in critical condition and police said on Thursday that his condition remained critical.
Then at 5 a.m, police responded to the assault of Felix in the 600 block of Main Street at the rear of a hotel, he later died in hospital.
And at 5:30, patrolling officers were flagged down at Logan and Disraeli by a man who told them he’d been assaulted. He was taken to hospital in stable condition. Police said this attack hasn’t been linked to the others that morning.
As of Sunday, no arrests have been made in the assault at Logan and Disraeli.
Comments are closed.