The South Transcona Community Centre (STCC) is advertising that its wading pool is now open to the public with new features available.
The STCC wading pool opened on July 6, and the hours are from 12:30 p.m.-5:00 p.m., Wednesday to Friday.
A Facebook post by the STCC says “New this summer, our canteen and washrooms will also be open to the public during wading pool hours! So, stop by to cool off in the A/C, and enjoy drinks and snacks available for purchase. Indoor activities and outdoor recreation equipment will also be available.”
The proceeds from the canteen go towards supporting the community centre with future events. Canteen hours are from 12:00 p.m.-5:00 p.m., Wednesday to Friday.
Mapping Winnipeg, a personal blog on Facebook listed off reasons why the STCC wading pool is the best.
- The pool can’t fully fill up so it’s on the shallow side.
- The water filling the pool is recycled by the jets so it stays warm and the lifeguards are on top of checking chlorine levels.
- Two picnic tables.
- Bring your own chair and sit in the shade by the community centre which is still poolside.
- The community centre hosts movies some days so you can stop in for an afternoon movie and then go to the pool.
- You can bring toys and small inflatables to wading pools.
For more information on wading pools in Winnipeg, visit the city’s website here.
Comments are closed.